Terms & Conditions
Booking and Payment Terms
Your booking can be made over the phone or via email and must be accompanied by a 30% deposit which, along with a confirmation invoice, will confirm the booking. The balance must be paid at least 30 days prior to the start of your safari. Full payment is required if a booking is made within 60 days of the start of a tour. We reserve the right not to conduct a tour if full payment has not been received in accordance with the above stipulations. We also reserve the right to decline any booking at our discretion.
Should there be an issue following the initial payment (such as availability), we will not proceed further until we have come to a solution. Should a solution not be found, we will return all money already paid to you and cancel your booking.
If more than two people are booking a tour together, this will be considered a group booking. The person making the booking will be the 'party leader'. The party leader must be over 18 years old and have the authority to act on behalf of other members of the party for which they are booking. Other members of the party included in the booking confirm that they are aware of these terms and conditions and are happy to proceed and for the party leader to act on their behalf.
All prices are quoted in US dollars. We prefer payments by wire transfers through the bank, which are subject to bank charges at the current rate. Local currency can be accepted at the current dollar-buying rate. Cash can only be accepted if it is a last minute booking and is done within the office.
If a group booking has been made, please arrange with all those in the group to pool the money and provide one payment to cover the costs of the tours for each individual. Failure to do so will incur additional costs for processing.
Note: All payments should be FREE FROM BANK CHARGES
A tour is confirmed upon receipt of the 30% deposit and issuance of our Confirmation Invoice.
Rates are based on fares and other costs prevailing at the time of your booking. The price you agree to at the time of confirmation of your booking will not increase even if our rates need to go up to coincide with our expenses.
If you are booking internal flights with us, then the full amount for those flight costs will be required at the time of your initial booking and will be non-refundable.
Changes and Cancellation Policy
Reservations that are cancelled, reduced in length of stay, or reduced in number of people, are subject to 'Cancellation and No Show' fees if changed within 60 days of the arrival date. Cancellation charges are calculated as a percentage of the total holiday price or specific excursion in the case of a change.
Up to 61 days prior to arrival - Refund of deposit
60-30 days prior to arrival - 45% of total amount
29-02 days prior to arrival - 65% of total amount
Within 48hrs and non-arrival - 100% of total amount
We require full trip insurance, including cancellation insurance, in the event that you need to cancel.
Any changes made to your holiday are subject to availability and administration charges.
Changes and Cancellation by us
Due to the type of holidays we are providing, we may need to make changes or cancel your booking and we reserve the right to do so at any time. However, we will not cancel your booking within 60 days of your departure unless it is for unforeseen circumstances that would make it impossible to continue with the holiday. Such things include, but are not limited to: war, riots, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, health epidemics/risks, technical or maintenance problems with transport, closed airports or any other such things beyond our control. If we should need to cancel for any reasons such as these, then we will refund your money up to the total amount already paid by you or provide another comparable holiday. Please note this may take up to 45 business days.
We may also cancel your holiday if you have not complied with the booking conditions in paying the final balance.
We reserve the right to change any route or arrangements of a tour should conditions necessitate it or to offer substitutes of equal value. We also reserve the right to decline to accept or retain any person as member of any tour at any time, in which case an equitable amount will be refunded.
We do not provide travel insurance but we do require you to get insurance that covers you and your personal property for any potential risks. These include medical expenses, injury, death, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment, and any sports or activities that you'll be undertaking whilst on holiday. Make sure that your insurance policy does not exclude the activities you'll be participating in during your visit.
Passports, Visas, and Vaccinations
Although we provide as much information as we can on this site to help you make informed decisions, we do not take responsibility for any decisions made based on the information we provide. Please take a look at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website (www.fco.gov.uk) to see what passport, visa, and health requirements are necessary for travel to Tanzania at the time of your booking. It is your responsibility to make sure you have all your necessary travel and health documentation in order to travel. If you are not a British citizen, then please check with the Tanzanian embassy for their requirements.
Visas are required for entry into Tanzania. We recommend obtaining this before departure to Tanzania, although visas are available upon arrival in Tanzania.
Baggage is restricted to 15kg/30lbs per person on domestic flights within East Africa and this also applies to climbing the mountains. Soft-sided luggage or duffels are preferable to hard luggage for storage in safari vehicles as well as for carrying up mountains.
Your baggage and personal effects are at your own risk throughout the tour and we strongly recommend baggage insurance.
Cheeky Monkey Safaris uses well-maintained 4WD land cruisers for its safaris. Other vehicles may be used for certain transportation needs such as airport transfers. We reserve the right to employ the services of subcontractors.
We reserve the right to make changes to the website and to alter/remove content without being held liable to you for any such changes. We also reserve the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions and your continued use of our site indicates your acceptance of these changes.
Links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others does not mean we endorse these sites and we are not liable for any content on those sites.
By accepting these conditions, you agree to accept the decisions of anyone related to providing any part of the services we offer and those to whom we subcontract. If any of these people providing a service to you believe that your health, level of fitness, or the conduct of you or any member of your party is likely to endanger the safety, comfort, or progress of a holiday, you or a member of your party may be excluded from all or part of the holiday without refund. We want everyone to enjoy their holiday so we do not tolerate behaviour that is likely to cause distress, danger, or annoyance to anyone else on the holiday. We, and our employees, reserve the right to terminate your holiday should you exhibit such behaviour and we will not be liable to refund monies paid.
We will not be held responsible if you have failed to prepare properly for your holiday. Examples include, but are not limited to - if your passport is invalid, you don't have a visa, your health is not adequate for the activity, you fail to get flights or you're delayed for any reason to arrive in time to join an excursion/activity.
In the unlikely event that you have a complaint whilst on holiday, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on xxx or xxx as soon as you are able to do so in order that we can have the opportunity to resolve any problems immediately.
Should you be unable to resolve a complaint while still on your holiday, you can write to us within 28 days after your return and include details of the problem as well as how you have attempted to resolve the situation at the time in accordance with this clause.
We will only use the information you provide us with in connection with booking your holiday (for example, any lodges or flights that might need required information). We will not provide your information to anyone not connected with the booking of your holiday.
Unless you provide written notice to the contrary, we reserve the right to use your image (and voice, if applicable) free of charge in any media, promotional, and marketing endeavours we undertake now and in the future - including, but not limited to internet, brochures, and videos.
1. Cheeky Monkey Safaris cannot be held responsible should airlines discontinue flights or change scheduled timetables resulting in missed connections, etc.
2. We cannot accept liability or pay any compensation in respect to delays or lack of performance affected by 'force majeure' - those things we have no control over and even in circumstances where all due care was taken could not have been avoided or foreseen. Such things include war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside the company's control.
3. We are not liable for injury, delay, death, loss, or damage arising from any cause in any manner whatsoever.
4. Where flight or ground arrangements to commence the holiday are not included as part of the holiday itinerary, our responsibility does not commence until the appointed time, and we shall not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by you to meet up with the group, your guide, or at the point at which your itinerary booked by us commences. Where an inability to commence the trip at the nominated time occurs, and is outside of your control, compensation for late arrival and ensuing costs for meeting up with the trip should be sought from your own travel insurance and is not our responsibility. In any event, you should notify us of your late arrival as soon as is reasonably possible and make arrangements to commence the trip. The costs of commencing a trip will not be borne by us and are your own responsibility.
5. We strongly recommend taking out adequate insurance against all risks for an adequate sum. Cheeky Monkey Safaris does not undertake to provide medical care (although we will do what we can to call in medical professionals where necessary). We do not accept liability for any inadequate care provided.
6. Whilst every care is taken, Cheeky Monkey Safaris cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to baggage. It is, therefore, recommended that you secure separate baggage insurance.
7. Please take necessary precautions against malaria before your visit - we will not be responsible for you not taking the necessary precautions.
8. Cheeky Monkey Safaris' liability to passengers carried in its own vehicles is governed by the law of Tanzania and all claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in which the cause of action arises.
9. Cheeky Monkey Safaris reserves the right to employ sub-contractors to carry out all, or any, part of the services agreed to be supplied and they will be subject to the same liability as laid out here.
10. We are not liable for the acts or omissions of third parties (such as those providing excursions or other activities which you do not book through us).
11. We accept responsibility for the services we have contracted to provide to you directly, subject to the limitations included in these Terms & Conditions.
12. Cheeky Monkey Safaris will have no liability to pay compensation to the Client for any failure to properly perform the holiday contract where the failure is attributable to the Client.
13. You agree to indemnify and hold Cheeky Monkey Safaris and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against Cheeky Monkey Safaris arising out of any breach by you of these Terms & Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of this website.
14. If any of these Terms & Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
15. Cheeky Monkey Safaris' contract will be governed by and constructed in accordance with the law of Tanzania. Accordingly, each party irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of the Tanzania courts to settle any dispute or matter arising under this contract.